Much needed accessibility upgrades at Boondall, Strathpine and Morayfield Rail stations were implemented by the team at MPN.
The improvements included:
• a new pedestrian footbridge with lifts
• raised section of platform at assisted boarding points
• new and extended platform shelters
• upgraded station entrances, accessible parking and drop-off areas
Key features of the project reduced construction times within the rail corridor which is a key aspect of rail projects.
• Precast concrete lift shafts, a first at a Queensland Rail station. The shafts were designed to be free standing without the need for temporary propping.
• The pedestrian footbridges were fully prefabricated, including all cladding, prior to erection.