A new shopping centre and master planned Town Centre precinct were created to satisfy the community needs of Coomera’s growing population. MPN were engaged to provide civil and structural services to take the project from concept to completion.
The Town Centre application process included the preparation of a new planning framework for the development of the local precinct on both the northern and southern sides of Foxwell Road.
MPN’s involvement in the development of the Coomera Town Centre stretches back to the early 1990s.
The $470 million retail project contains 140 specialty stores, a market-style fresh food court, a two-level dining precinct and external playgrounds.
The development featured:
- Coles, Woolworths, Target, and Kmart as head lease tenancies
- Event Cinemas
- Over 15,000 sq. m of solar panels
As part of the broader area works, MPN provided engineering services for:
- External road upgrades to Foxwell Road and Railway Road
- Construction of new Creek Road
- Construction of 5 signalised intersections
- Realignment of the existing Oaky Creek